It’s stressful when you need to make money fast to pay a bill or buy something you need, but you do have options. You can sell goods and services, recycle or scrap items, do some odd jobs, or borrow money. These methods may or may not be reliable long-term, but when you need to make some money in a few hours or days, they are your best shot!
- How can I make money right now?
- How can I make $200 fast?
- How can I make $1000 fast?
- How can I make $100 a week?
- How can I get money without a job?
- How can u get free money?
Selling Goods and Services
- Take items that you want to sell to a pawn shop. Your local pawn shop may pay you a decent price for high-value items, such as electronics, musical instruments, or jewelry. Take your items to the pawn shop and see what they are willing to give you for them. This is one way to make money without any money in hand.
- Pawn shops resell your items to make money, so they may not give you as much as they are actually worth.
- Trade-in items for cash at second-hand stores. Some second-hand stores will also buy items, such as used clothing, CDs, DVDs, records, or books. Take some valuable items that are in good condition and see what you can get for them.
- These stores make money by reselling your items, so you might not get as much as they are actually worth.
- Have a yard sale to sell things you no longer need. Choose a day or a couple of days to have your yard sale. Advertise it in your local paper and online, such as on social media and classified websites. Then, on the day of the sale, arrange the items on tables, blankets, shelves, or in other ways in front of your home. You can arrange the items into groups by price, or price them individually.
- Try to put out as many valuable, high-demand items as you are willing to let go. Good items to sell include CDs, DVDs, books, musical instruments, collectible toys, electronic equipment (computers, tablets, televisions, speakers, etc.), smartphones, video games, jewelry, clothing, shoes, and unused gift cards.
- Tip: Make sure that you can have a yard sale in your area. Some homeowner’s associations restrict yard sales to certain times of year. If you rent, you may need to ask your landlord for permission to have a yard sale.
- Sell unwanted items using a commercial website. Some sites charge a small fee or take a percentage of the sales price, but the exposure is often worth this cost. Sell any items that you have around that are in good or new condition.
- Try using eBay or a similar website if you want to sell something auction-style. This may help you to get the most money for your item if it is rare or valuable.
- Online retail sites like Amazon or AbeBooks.com will sometimes pay for popular items like books, DVDs, electronics, and smartphones. These sites may charge a small fee or percentage of your profit.
- Set up a lemonade stand. If you have enough money to buy some lemonade mix, a pitcher, and cups, then you can start a lemonade stand. Use a sturdy box or crate to set your items on, and make a sign with your price per cup on it.
- Make sure to use clean drinking water to make your lemonade, and add ice to it if possible!
- Lemonade stands work best on a hot summer day. Set up your stand in your front yard and wait for customers to stop by.
- Make sure to ask permission from your parent or guardian before you set up a lemonade stand.
- Offer to do yard work in your neighborhood. You can also make money doing yard work, such as mowing lawns, aerating lawns, weeding, or raking up leaves. Make fliers advertising your services and post them around your neighborhood, or go door-to-door offering your services.
- Set a fair price for your services and do good work for anyone willing to pay you. Check to see what other people charge and set your rate a few dollars lower than that so to entice people to hire you.
- Rent out a room in your home to travelers. If you live in a city or a popular vacation spot, people passing through may be looking for a place to stay. Even if you don’t live somewhere with a lot of traffic, you can still use a rental website to find people who are willing to pay to stay in your home.
- Check to see what other people charge to help you price your rental . For example, if a similar-sized room in your area goes for $80 per night, then charge this amount for your room.
Doing Odd Jobs
- Find small paid tasks via apps. There are apps that pay you for doing marketing tasks, such as scanning products at a grocery store or completing a survey. Download one of these apps and use it to find small paid tasks you can do.
- You may not be able to make much money per task this way. However, you can start right away and make some money.Warning: Stay away from apps that ask you to do something like pay a fee or supply credit card information to sign up to complete surveys. Those are almost always scams.
- Fill out online surveys. There are many websites devoted that connect users to free online surveys. These usually only pay at most a few dollars each, but they take very little effort and may provide fast payment.
- Amazon’s Mechanical Turk program is another way to make money online by answering questions or completing simple tasks. However, the pay is usually very low, often only a few cents per task.
- Use your skills to do day labor. Post an ad online or on a bulletin board offering to do odd jobs or sign up with an employment agency that specializes in temporary work. You can also go where other day laborers meet and wait for employers, such as building contractors, landscapers, homeowners and small business owners. Common odd jobs people need day laborers for include:
- Basic office tasks
- Yardwork (raking leaves, mowing lawns, shoveling snow, cleaning gutters, etc.)
- Picking up groceries or running other errands for the elderly
- Doing chores (cleaning houses, clearing out an attic or shed, etc.)
- Washing cars
- Moving and/or packing
- Try pet sitting if you enjoy spending time with animals. Find friends who are going out of town and offer to take care of their pets while they’re gone. Professional boarding places tend to be expensive, so your cozy little house or apartment is a nice alternative.
- Check to see what other pet sitters in your area charge to help you set your rates. Around the holidays, pet-boarders fill u, meaning you can probably charge more.
- Ask your friends and family if they know anyone who needs a pet sitter. Word-of-mouth is often a great way to find jobs.
- Become a dog walker if you live in an area where they are in demand. You can walk dogs for people who own dogs but who are too busy to walk them. However, this can be a demanding job, especially if you end up walking a few dogs at once or if you are walking dogs throughout the day, so ensure that you have the physical stamina for this type of job.
- Check to see what other dog walkers charge in your area and make your prices similar to those.
- Make a flyer or post an advertisement on online classifieds boards to advertise your services as a dog walker.
- Tell friends and family you are looking for work as a dog walker.
- Become a babysitter if you are good with children. There are websites that will connect you with people who need a babysitter. To get hired by people who do not know you, it will help to pass a CPR class, or to have a special talent or expertise for entertaining children. However, you might be able to make money more quickly just by babysitting for people you know, or by having friends refer you to others who need a babysitter.
- Check to see what babysitters charge in your area and make your rates comparable.
- Keep in mind that caring for children is often hard work. Make sure that this is something you enjoy doing!
- Sign up with a ride service company to become a private cab driver. Companies such as Uber and Lyft have set up services that connect drivers with people who need a ride and are willing to pay for it. You must own a car, have a valid driver’s license, and meet other qualifications to be a driver.
- It might take some time to get registered as a driver with the service, but once you are, there are opportunities to make money fast because these services are in high demand.
- Showcase your talents as a street performer. If you can dance, play music, mime, sing, or tell jokes, you can probably get some cash by performing in public. Put together a good act and find a place to perform. Give people a dose of live entertainment, and hopefully they’ll reward you with tips.
- Make sure to have a hat, cup, instrument case, or something else ready for people to drop money into.
- Always check local laws before performing in a public space, since some areas have bans or restrictions on this kind of work.
- Pose for art students at a local art school or museum. Contact local art schools, colleges, and museums about opportunities to be a live model. Art students learn to draw the human figure by studying live models. Those that are willing to pose nude in front of others for up to 30 minutes can make money this way (usually at a per-hour rate).
- People hire models of all shapes, sizes, and genders.
- The website Art Model Tips maintains lists of opportunities in each state.
Recycling and Scrapping Items
- Return bottles and cans for a refund. In some states, you can get 5 or 10 cents per can or bottle by returning them to a deposit center. There are many ways to take advantage of this opportunity:
- Scrounge up all of the cans and bottles you can find around your home.
- Look for cans and bottles in trash cans, along busy roads, and anywhere that people hang out (parks, stadiums, etc.).Tip: For a fun way to get some extra bottles and cans to recycle, host a bring-your-own-beverage party. When the party’s over, gather all the bottles and cans and turn them in for cash.
- Scrap a junk pile for cash. If you’ve got a big pile of scrap in your backyard, own a junked camper or other vehicle, or know of a dump site where you can legally salvage materials, you can sort and sell it to a scrap yard or recycling center in your area. Metals such as scrap steel, copper, or aluminum can fetch good prices.
- If your state doesn’t have a can/bottle refund system, you can still sell aluminum cans to a scrap yard.
- Sell a computer you no longer want or use. Computers are full of valuable metals such as steel, aluminum, and gold. If you dismantle old computers, you can sort these metals and sell them to a salvage yard, or you may be able to find buyers who will accept the old computer as is and scrap it themselves.
- If possible, get several computers to scrap to make it worth your while. For instance, offer to take outdated computers from a school doing upgrades or find junked computers.
- Don’t scrap good, working computers; what you get for the scrap won’t be as much as you could get by selling the components or the entire device.
- Borrow money from a friend or family member. If you’re in serious need of money, you can always ask to borrow some from family or friends. Let them know why you need to borrow money, and offer to pay it back within a certain (feasible) timeframe.
- Warning: Beware of loan sharks or other extortionists. Look for people that can loan you money because they want to help you, not because they want to make a profit.
- Use your bank’s overdraft protection if you need to make a purchase. If you have a checking or other account with overdraft protection, you might be able to overdraw on the account and take advantage of the temporary payment, when you are in need of quick cash. The bank will cover the cost, but you will have to pay it back.
- This is a last resort option since you will likely incur fees as a result of overdrawing your account.
- Use your credit card’s cash advance feature. Some credit cards will allow you to withdraw a certain amount of cash by using it at an ATM. This can help you come up with cash in a hurry. However, the interest rates on cash advances are usually much higher than the credit card’s usual interest rate, meaning that you will eventually have to pay more.
- Some credit cards also allow you to use cash advances by writing checks. The interest rates for these are sometimes lower; check with your bank or credit card issuer for details.
- Seek a payday loan or title loan as a last resort. Companies that offer payday and title loan services offer high interest rates (sometimes with percentages in the hundreds). If you cannot pay the loan and any interest back within the stated timeline, you risk even higher interest costs or, in the case of a title loan, the loss of your car. Avoid these types of loans in all but the direst circumstances, unless you are certain you will be able to pay the loan back.
- As an alternative, you might be able to ask your employer for a payday advance.
Make Money Fast Cheat Sheet
|Sell things you don’t need||Sell through pawnshops, local ads, yard sales, or online auction sites (eBay)||– Price items at half of where you’d buy them elsewhere- Burn CDs or DVDs for yourself and sell originals|
|Sell crafts||Sell at local craft fairs or online (Etsy)||Can sell easy crafts, like broken colored glass, pressed flowers, etc.|
|Sell stock photos||Take photos, post them onto a stock photo account, and wait for people to buy them.|
|Sell scavenged valuables||Can use metal detector to search public places like beaches and parks||Look for jewelry and other goods|
|Sell things along the road||Sell cold drinks on hot days, produce from a backyard farm, or hot nuts or drinks in winter||It can be dangerous or illegal to sell things on the roadside, so check laws and be careful|
|Donate plasma||Go to a donation center||-Can make $20-30/visit in US, twice a week-Must weigh at least 110 lbs. and be between ages 18-59 and in good health|
|Sell your hair||Can sell for hundreds of dollars||Hair must be healthy, untreated, and longer than 10 inches|
|Flip products||Buy something and then sell it for more. Examples include web domains; thrift store, yard sale, or police auction purchases; wholesale items||– Can flip items by investing a lot of time and effort in repairing them-Can flip by finding good deals|
|Open a lemonade stand||Great idea if you’re a kid||– Can also sell baked goods- Find a good, busy location|
|Make money online or on your phone||– Find small paid tasks via apps such as WeReward, CheckPoints, or GigWalk- Fill out online surveys- Enter sweepstakes||– May not make a whole lot of money, but they’re usually easy and fast- Don’t spend money to make money on websites, do research first|
|Recycle||– Recycle bottles and cans at recycling centers- Scrap a junk pile (scrap steel, copper, aluminum)- Scrap a worthless computer (they’re full of metals)- Hunt for pre-1982 pennies (contain copper, buy rolls at bank and sort through them)- Hunt for pre-1964 silver half dollars (90% silver)|
|Become a moving advertisement||– Wrap your car in an advertisement or bumper stickers (companies will pay you to do this)- Wear t-shirts, clothes, or costumes that advertise a business (can get paid to wear these in public)- Get a temporary tattoo (auction off a body part for advertising space to highest bidder)|
|Find focus groups in your area||Monitor local postings or search sites like FindFocusGroups.com||Check often because pay is good but opportunities are less frequent|
|Board someone’s pet||Find a friend or acquaintance who needs a petsitter||Can probably charge more around the holidays|
|Consider day labor or odd jobs||– Some employment agencies specialize in this work- Can also go where other day laborers meet and wait for employers- Check local newspaper or internet classifieds to find quick labor gigs- Odd jobs like lawn mowing, babysitting, hedge trimming, dog walking, house sitting, tutoring, and de-cluttering can all lead to cash.||If not going through an agency, keep in mind that these arrangements could be scams.|
|Become a street performer||– Can dance, play music, mime, sing, tell jokes in public- Put together a good act and find a place to perform||– Only do it if you are good- Always check bylaws before performing in a public space|
|Panhandle||– Depend on the spontaneous charity of strangers by making a sign and hitting the streets- Cyberbegging: Post ad on website or spend time and money on your own website.||Make sure panhandling or begging is permissible where you live.|
|Raid every part of your house where you might have stashed money||Look in money boxes, clothing pockets, spare bags, vacation bags, in the couch, under furniture, or in jars stashed away.|
|Rent out room||If you have a spare room, post an ad to rent it out.||Make sure to interview candidates before and make sure that they are safe and trustworthy.|
|Sell tickets to big event||Sell them legally, at cost or market value||Don’t scalp|
|Access money from life insurance||Speak to the representative for your policy|
|Check credit card rewards||There may be vouchers you can claim that will cover part or all of some types of purchases|
Make Money Fast Quiz
1. Which of the following options is not a requirement to donate plasma?
- You must weigh at least 110 pounds.
- You must be over 18 years old.
- You must be younger than 59 years old.
- You must get at least 30 minutes of exercise 2-3 times per week.
2. Which is true about flipping products?
- It requires time and energy to make something worth more than what you bought it for.
- It’s possible to make a solid income from flipping domain names.
- It is illegal to buy products wholesale and sell them individually.
- It’s better to not even try re-selling jewelry unless you know a lot about gems and pricing.
3. Which of the following is the best way to make some cash fast if you have no money in your bank account?
- Flipping domain names
- Selling things you don’t need on Craigslist or through local classifieds
- Selling things you don’t need online at a website such as eBay or Amazon
- Becoming a street performer
1. D. There are age, weight, and health requirements you must meet to donate plasma, but no one requires that you work out for a certain amount of time every week.
2. B. The lucky ones can make a sizeable income from flipping domain names, especially if they snag a name that’s in high demand.
3. B. Arranging a sale with someone locally is usually faster than dealing with an auction site. If you price your item right, you can usually sell it and get the cash within a few hours.
- Avoid gambling. While it is an option for making money, the risks are high.
- Beware of “get rich quick” schemes. Scrutinize any scheme that suggests you will make money fast. Don’t spend money to get money. If you haven’t got much money right now, keep it to put food on the table or you may never see it again.
- If you are destitute, consider seeking emergency assistance from a reputable charity.
- Check anywhere you might have stashed or lost money. Look in the couch, in the pockets of clothing, in a drawer, in an old purse, etc.
- If you want to sell high-value items like a motorcycle, it is better to go to a dealer than a pawn shop.
- earn money from internet
- make money from home
- earn money from the internet 2020
- website ideas to make money
- online money making ideas
- how to make money online in ABD
- make money online 2020
- 2020 make money online